andrzej zaborowski wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> 2009/9/28 Jack Stringer <jack.ix...@googlemail.com>:
> > http://code.flickr.com/blog/2009/09/28/thats-maybe-a-bit-too-dorky-e
> > ven-for-us/
>
> Just a note that http://www.openstreetmap.pl/wp now shows those "osm:"
> machine tagged pictures from flickr at z >= 15 in addition to
> wikipedia and other external links.  Here is a nice concentration of
> picture-tagged objects from user SK53:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.pl/wp?lat=51.5225&lon=-0.7235&z=16
>
> Flickr dots are pink, wikipedia blue, all other grey (if you have a
> better suggestion I'll take it).  Mouse over to highlight ways and
> areas.
>
> The page does not use flickr geolocation apis, only the tags.
>
> Flickr tags for all flickr-linked features in view come up at the
> bottom of the page but there are currently too few of them for it to
> be fun.
>
> If a picture happens to have both a osm:node/way/relation= machine tag
> and a dopplr:eat= or foursquare:venue= tag, then also links to Dopplr
> and foursquare.com are displayed directly on the map.  I think this is
> a nice example of how Linked Data works because neither osm knows
> about foursquare.com or foursquare about osm, yet records in two
> databases manage to be matched.
>
> Cheers

A very nice merging of data! A slight presentation tweek you might
consider is using something besides the expanding dots when the cursor
is in the vicinity of the features. When there are several features
close together, the expansion makes the dots run together and it's hard
to pick one or see all of the ones that are close. Possibly using a
color change (only) or a different color outline around the dots would
be more effective. A black (or other color) outline would preserve the
original Flickr/Widipedia information of the dot.

--
Randy