On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Frankie Roberto
<fran...@frankieroberto.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Gregory Williams <gregory.willi...@purplegeodesoftware.co.uk>
> I also think this Flickr-linking might be a good prompt for us to re-look at
> the /browse/* pages. If these pages are going to be more visible, perhaps we
> could look at improving the user-experience of them (eg by parsing out
> addresses from addr:* tags, or by linking to Wikipedia pages more
> prominently, or perhaps even by including photos from Flickr).
>
> I'm not sure what the state of the User Experience Working Group is, but I'd
> be happy to join and help with this, if people think it's a good idea.
> (Personally, I think the scope for OSM to be a provider of linked-data POIs
> is huge, but I'll admit it's a bit of a departure from making maps).

A more direct way to do it *now* is to suggest specific improvements
by filing bugs on http://trac.openstreetmap.org under the website
component.

I've fixed up a few things about the /browse/* pages like linking to a
new feature so that you can see nodes/ways/relations on the main map.
So now you can go to either:

or:
     http://www.openstreetmap.org/?way=30089216

I've also added changeset comments (if they exist) to the page. Fixed
some formatting bugs with the node/way/relation list and I have a
pending patch (awaiting the new wiki machine) to link from tags to the
wiki pages.

That's just things *I* spotted.

But if you have any further specific suggestions on what to fix, or a
manually-edited HTML mock up on how things should look please submit
those suggestions. One thing that might be useful to flickr is
improving the main map screen so that when you look at this:

    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?way=30089216

There's an optional Google Maps-like sidebar telling you what you're
looking at with a link back to the /browse/* page.