While OSM is extremely powerful and present us with limitless
posibilities, I very much doubt that every user would set up an own
tile server and write a rendering definition. In fact most irregular
users (like the ones getting a static map to show the location of
their office at a website) will probably only use the base layers
presented to them at openstreetmap.org. Creating own schemes on
CloudMade or other services are for us fanatics. :)
It would be nice to include links to other OSM maps (e.g. CloudMade)
from the main OSM site so that it will be a little bit easier for
people to see the variety of maps and power of free map data.

regards
Konrad