John Smith wrote:
> Shaun McDonald wrote:
> > The License Working Group has spent months, well probably nearer years,
> on the license
> > change. They know one heck of a lot more about legal systems than
> myself. They are
> > people that I trust. Therefore I'm going to listen to them, and let them
> just get on with it.
>
> How many of them are practising copyright lawyers?

ODbL was drawn up by Jordan Hatcher, who is a copyright lawyer from Texas,
in conjunction with Charlotte Waelde, who is an copyright lawyer from
Edinburgh. Jordan has been working with the LWG to reflect OSM mappers'
concerns, but over and above that, LWG has also engaged Clark Asay, who is a
copyright lawyer from California, to review the licence. The ODbL is
overseen by a board which, as well as Jordan, Charlotte and Clark, also
includes Lucie Guibault, a professor of copyright from the Netherlands, and
Andres Guadamuz, a lecturer in E-Commerce Law and consultant to the World
Intellectual Property Organisation.

So I think the answer is: five.

Creative Commons, of course, has practising copyright lawyers too. They have
said that CC-BY-SA isn't applicable to data and we shouldn't use it.

If you can cite some practising copyright lawyers who think we should
continue to use CC-BY-SA, I'm sure we'd be interested to see their opinion.

Richard