On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 02:31, Grant Slater <openstreet...@firefishy.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/6 Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>:
>> There have been some independent reviews of ODbL.
>>
> <snip>
>
> There is also Andrea Rossato who the Italian OSM community hired
> independently to review the license.
>
> I believe he said something like "ODbL is CC BY-SA without the problems".
>
> Could someone from the Italian community confirm?

I do indeed confirm.

It was in Trento, 1st of june 2009 when we of the italian community met.

Andrea Rossato, an internationally recognized law expert, was there
with us. We analyzed side-by-side the CCBYSA and the odbl, and he came
out with a final statement than can be translated to english as "ODbL
is CC BY-SA without the problems"

-S