On 12/9/09, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are those in favour of PD really arguing that convenience for businesses is
> the main benefit? I would have thought the main benefits would be for
> individuals, and to avoid future licensing issues. Once data is licensed PD,
> you really don't need to ever deal with the issue again, afaik.

I am in favour of PD because I believe that in _this_ case it would be
better for the free software community: copyleft works best when there
are just few widely known and mostly easy to understand licenses,
otherwise it becomes an obstacle; the odbl is even worse than the GPL
as far as understandability goes.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''

homepage: http://www.trueelena.org