SteveC wrote:

>>> So you really are saying the LWG / OSMF should just ignore everyone and
>>> change the license?
>>>
>>> I think it's better to build a consensus and vote and so on personally,
>>> even with all the ups and downs.
>>>
>> Steve,
>>
>> I think he wanted to point ironical situation that you claim that
>> CC-BY-SA doesn't work. So, it doesn't work, there are workarounds,
>> let's use this workaround to relicense everything to ODbL :)
>>
>> Anyway, you can call him a troll, but I agree I so far haven't heard
>> sound arguments why CC-BY-SA "doesn't work" and what "work" actually
>> means. Doesn't work for Cloudmade? Doesn't work for community? Doesn't
>> what? And please, don't refer to old mailing list posts, explain it in
>> your words, because it is different disscussion and different
>> situation.
>>

> Have you seen this?
>
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/images/3/3c/License_Proposal.pdf

Under the section 'So what should I do?' & 'Refuse', it says: "Your
contributions will not be deleted"

Yet if you click on the link to the backup plan
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Backup_Plan

on the first line it says "As part of the move to the Open Data License
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License> it will be
necessary to remove or hide those edits which have not been re-licensed.

Could you explain the apparent contradiction please?

Cheers
Dave F.