On 21/02/10 07:38, SteveC wrote:

> 2) We have to be very clear that the openstreetmap.org website is _awful_.
> Horrendous. A total PITA. We're all here because we're persistent with it.
> But the wonderful thing is - we don't have to make the tools and site easy to
> use if we can expose a simple bug system. It's very clear that nobody can
> convince Richard to actually write something any muggle would really want to
> use, you can scream at him to finish the mythical Potlatch 2 all you want,
> but he doesn't give a shit and lives on a boat in bliss. That's his choice,
> and it's totally fine, but if we all feel that way then we have to deal with
> the downside that every single day we lose tens of thousands of edits because
> of that monopoly on bad UI. All I'm suggesting is we sidestep the problem and
> connect people who can report a map bug but can't be bothered to deal with
> pain and suffering of potlatch with the people who can deal with it, at least
> until Richard gets his act together and stops fixing every stupid thing
in the old codebase. You have to take a step back here and realise what we're
missing out on.

Oh for crying out loud Steve, do you have to be such a complete shit all
the time? I honestly wouldn't blame Richard if he deleted all his code
and walked off into the sunset and we never saw him again after that
pointless little diatribe. I do help it made you feel better.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/