Steve,

SteveC wrote:
I plan only to moderate people (for 24 hours) after taking a poll of
key people including Andy Allan, Matt Amos, Katie Filbert, Tom
Hughes, Emilie Laffray, Frederik Ramm, Ivan Sanchez, Grant Slater and
Richard Weait. If you think more than these would be good then let me
know.

I think less would be good.

I am thankful for that token of trust (after having recently been dragged through the subject lines as a warmonger by someone else), but I'm afraid I have to decline the honour to be part of that tribunal. I don't support dictatorships - benevolent or not.

Also, I don't perceive myself to have a clean record regarding obnoxious behaviour on the lists, so it would be wrong for me to judge that of others.

I am also imposing a self-limiting, four
week (28 day) period starting from when this warning period ends (in
24 hours) whereby, if I don't exercise my BDFL powers during that
time, I will step back.

I cannot help but wonder: For someone who can appoint himself, what exactly is the meaning of "stepping back"?

So, please, have a think about what and where you are posting, and
lets make talk@ a nice place to be again.

I don't like your means, but I support the goal.

Bye
Frederik