2010/8/22 Serge Wroclawski <emac...@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 9:22 AM, john whelan <jwhelan0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is also one of my concerns, especially when using imports.  I
>> don't think this has been discussed at all well.
>
> The issue of imports and data has been discussed at length in places
> like the US where imports are a big deal.
>
> The bottom line in those discussions: the ODbL and the contributor
> terms simplify the process immensely, now and in the future.

Simplify at what cost? There is just 'CT will make our lifes easier'.
Which lives? How easier? And WHAT IS THE COST?

I simply want core people of OSM come forward and say honestly that
they don't know how big impact will be.

And for those who claim that complainers are minority - it's bullshit
and you know it. Rest of mappers don't care because they don't have
such imput done in OSM. Those who complain are usually those who
drives map forward. Without them, OSM is dead as serious map, period.

And this is WHY I'm against fork. ODbL now sounds like good
compromise. But they still want CT to be attached as Trojan horse.

Cheers,
Peter.