On 19.09.2012 23:45, Vincent de Chateau-Thierry wrote:
The only criteria for removing French Cadastre data will be the value of the source tag.
That's a bad idea: if someone for what ever reason just decides to remove (or change) the "source=cadastre" tag of a object (and don't change anything else) you can't identify the object any more. Or to be more precise: you need to use a lot of effort and check all versions of an object (this means: the whole planet) whether it once had the "source=cadastre" tag. But thats a lot of work to do. Much (!) more easy to identify all the object is if you can take all object created by a special account => just check the changesets. Checking all versions of all objects is the thing we just went through with a lot of pain and effort: creating and using the redaction bot. And we are all aware that this was necessary but not nice and a lot of "unporoductive effort". So let's learn from the past and avoid possible issues in the future that can be done easily with very small aditional effort in the presence.

Best regards,
Michael.