2012-09-20 Lester Caine wrote

> Alright insisting on a 'new account' may be wrong, but identifying the
'import source' somewhere is not unreasonable?
> We do have the problem of the 'language' used to inform other users and some
> English translations on some of the
   cadastre import stuff would help?

> I will add that
 I am very much opposed to any suggestion that the database should be
'carved up' and managed
> by different local groups. The DWG is not ideal, and as far as I am aware
> would welcome some additional help from
> wherever. But that is the ideal level to oversee the whole picture and
in the end arbitrate when groups disagree
> amongst themselves. How many
'border disputes' will we have if we go down that path?

I will speak for the Québec community only. Management in a large organization
cannot be made centralized only and with a few rules. When we say management,
we are talking about following mapping and contributors, informing, teaching,
organizing social events.

In Canada, we have the Talk-ca discussion  list were most of the discussion is
in english. And often, there are no tools for monitoriging at regional or local
level.

I am a HOT member. Our work brings us in many countries were we try to develop
local communities. We have to adapt to a multitude of cultures not to talk
about computer literacy and language problems.

The Knight Foundation 575,000$ award should help to adapt Openstreetmap
infrastructure to the organization. I see two interesting text written by Kate
Chapman and Mikel Maron of HOT that give good clues.
Kate Chapman,
http://www.maploser.com/2012/03/29/all-i-want-for-openstreetmap-is-simple/

Mikel Maron  All I want fo OpenStreetMap ... Is Social and Attention
http://brainoff.com/weblog/2012/03/30/1773

Pierre