On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Paweł Paprota <ppa...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Sure, that's always good but note that another thread about OSM's future
> ends in basically no conclusion. Or rather the conclusion seems to be
> that all is fine and the future is secured with the current approach.

I've been giving this some thought. There are a number of divergent
opinions on the future of OSM. But basically we all agree we want to
continue to improve the maps, systems, documentation, etc. We just disagree
on the process. While there were a number of people that gave feedback, we
have many more people that haven't been heard from. What I'd like to
suggest is a survey.

I will develop a survey with the help of anyone that wishes to contribute.
Because not everyone subscribes to the mailing lists, I'll ask the
gatekeeper to the website if we can have a link up on both the wiki and
osm.org main page. After an agreed upon timeframe we will publish the
results.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch