On Sun, 2014-08-17 at 02:22 +0200, Andreas Vilén wrote:
> The user in question now told me he's been using the Wisepilot
> app: http://www.appello.com/apps/wisepilot/ and seemed totally
> oblivious to it being a mystery, and that it creates strange and
> unhelpful notes in most cases.
>

> I'm guessing Wisepilot doesn't make it very clear what happens when
> someone reports an error in the app.

Thanks Andreas

I have just downloaded wisepilot and have been having a play.

The first issue I can see is that it defaults to km and to change this
relies on the user digging into the settings. This should be a startup
question, or just use the GPs to work it out would be even better.

The proliferation of these notes using km in the UK does suggest users
are not bothering to set it up properly. The km display will obviously
proliferate erroneous reports for an unaware user.

The speed limit report starts at zero, which is a ridiculous number. I
guess many do not bother to select the correct limit, but just hit
report. selecting the speed then replies on the user scrolling through a
list, there are too many options including 5's. All UK limits are
multiples of 10, have never seen a km speed limit ending in 5 whilst
driving in Europe either.

Phil (trigpoint)