- ----------

Deleting data from the OSM database
Maizenarockz
25 de Agosto de 2014 ás 13:43

Hi:

We have seen that you are deleting information from the OSM database
without any apparent reason. All information is useful, contrary to
what you put in the comments. Your deletions are being specially
harmful for the ongoing efforts in controlling the ebola outbreak in
West Africa.

Before we report this to the OpenStreetMap Data Working Group (OSM
DWG), could you please tell us why are you doing that?

Some of your changesets have been already reverted, but we surely
can't keep loosing time reverting this mess.

Regards,

Rafael Ávila Coya.

- ---------------

I will wait let's say 1 day until s/he answers. In the mean time, I
will try to see what s/he is doing.

Cheers,

Rafael.

On 25/08/14 21:01, Pierre Béland wrote:

> For the Ebola Activation, we have mapped a zone in priority for MSF
> in Monrovia. But a new mapper decides to eliminate buildings and
> roads. A lot of deletion so far. We are trying to revert for
> Monrovia. But there are other deletions around the world.
>
> Could somebody take care of contacting this contributor. And
> probably some action will have to be taken from the DWG.
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Maizenarockz user since may 8,
>
> changeset in Monrovia where he simply decides to delete.
>

> Deleting sites without useful information for users
>

> Pierre

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya