Hi, Serge:

I appreciate your work in the DWG. I really do.

It's only that I can also understand, at the same time, the worries of
people that are working hard in an area like the ebola one. Some times
you (DWG) can be too busy to deal with all cases of potential vandalism.

As you can figure out, I sent the message before knowing you were
already investigating this issue. I try always to be polite with my
OSM messages asking for information about suspicious or wrong edits.

Good luck and thanks again.

Rafael.

On 25/08/14 22:20, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
> Rafeal,
>
> There are circumstances which I cannot discuss at the moment.
>
> I would just to prevent any user harassment.
>
> - Serge
>
> On Aug 25, 2014 10:06 AM, "Rafael Avila Coya"
> <ravilac...@gmail.com <mailto:ravilac...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi, Serge:
>
> I don't see why people can't speak out their concerns about a user
> that is doing some suspicious edits, really.
>
> In case you think so, I don't feel guilty to have sent a message
> to this user at the request of Pierre Béland. It's not harmful in
> my opinion, whether s/he did it on purpose or not.
>
> I will let you go on with the research though. Thanks for that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rafael.
>
> On 25/08/14 21:40, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
>> Pierre,
>
>> As the DWG person who is already working on this case, we have
>> said that we are investigating and will take action after our
>> investigation is complete.
>
>> I will not discuss that investigation on this public forum, but
>> you knew this and decided to send this letter to talk despite
>> this. I am very saddened by this.
>
>> I'm concerned that in response to your mail, there will be a lot
>> of people harassing this newbie (whether or not his actions in
>> this matter were correct).  This is not a positive response, so
>> please, instead, let the DWG continue its process.
>

>> - Serge

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya