On 25/02/2015 07:01, Frederik Ramm wrote:
    I think in many cases the proper action to perform on an object with
a FIXME tag that has "a low chance of ever getting addressed" is deletion.

+1

Though just as blind mechanical imports should not be done, so blind mechanical deletes should also not be done. There are some 11000 "seamark:fixme=please_fix_position" objects that are from just such an import that was done over 4 years ago. I have been slowly working my way through these and have found that there are many that have been moved, but the fixme tag has not been removed. Here I remove the tag. On the others I check to see if there is any recent active editing of these objects nearby - if so, I leave them untouched. Only in areas where no such activity is evident, do I perform a mass delete.

If encouraged by the community, I will speed up this process, though at a measured pace so as to not overload the seamark renderer.