Here's an example semi-bulk FIXME cleanup just done.  This was manual, not
script based:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/29107328

Clearly this was a simple mistake (a JOSM user doing "select all" and
getting nodes in addition to the ways they wanted to target).  The original
changeset was:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/26696654

When it comes to cleanup, I don't view a "fixme" object as inherently more
important than any other needed cleanup.
If a fixme note adds information I don't already have, great.  Else the
fixme note is just eating time and mapping energy
that could be better spent.

-----

An example intentional tag I'd like to clear is:
fixme=streamā£attibutesā£missing
stream=fixme

Along with any fixme that simply indicates missing data (since the lack of
that data is obvious).