On 11 May 2015 at 17:39, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> On 11 May 2015 at 10:08, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
> > Andy Mabbett wrote:
> >> In the absence of blatant vandalism or base abuse, I would
> >> have expected, first, a recent, clear and unequivocal warning on
> >> the user's talk page
> >
> > No. Please remember that the primary means of discussion and consensus in
> > OSM is mailing lists, even when the subject is the wiki, and even though
> the
> > mailing lists suck. There is no precedent for obtaining consensus on
> > community decisions via wiki talk pages.
>
> In that case: At what point was Xxzme advised of this? Or indeed any
> new user - I certainly never have been.
>
> > Talk pages might be how it's done in Wikipedia, but we're not Wikipedia.
>
> I don't recall saying that we were (indeed, in another recent
> discussion, I pointed out that we are not).
>

> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

1. If you know they're a wiki user - it seems the wiki is the best place to
2. Do you know that they understand your complaints or is there a 'language
barrier' involved.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>