Hi,

On 04/01/2017 12:36 AM, Dave F wrote:
> But how did the edit affect *all* nodes? Why didn't a changeset revert
> solve the issue? is this 'osmtools' publicly available or is it a
> self-written tool?

Ortholgonalizing a shape will usually move all its nodes so no surprise
there. Reverting the *correct* changeset (that contained the node edits)
would have solved the issue but probably also reverted good edits made
by the mapper. The scripts I used are on github
(woodpeck/osm-revert-scripts) however they require some Perl/Unix foo to
use correctly (or else you run the danger of creating more damage). In
this case what I did was

* create new changeset (using changeset.pl)
* download the polygon (using wget)
* extract from it a list of nodes it's using (using "grep" and "cut"
unix utilitiess)
* revert every node to whatever state it was in before touched by the
user ndm (using a "for" loop and undo.pl)

Bye
Frederik