I think it's time that we seriously reconsider how stop signs, yield signs
and traffic calming devices are handled in all but the most simple (all
approaches to the affected node apply) cases.  This largely after having a
protracted discussion with one person about nodes lacking direction and
this being a big factor in turn restrictions and enforcement being handled
by relations already (and really, the entire reason relations were
introduced in the first place).

I'm thinking it's time to start mapping this similar to how we handle
enforcement and turn restrictions, ie, with relations, for all but the
simplest of cases, especially since the whole forward/backward direction=*
thing is nonapplicable to nodes by design.