On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Nicolás Alvarez <nicolas.alva...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Do you know of a case where you would have a traffic calming device
> only affecting one direction, but not already have a reason to map
> each road direction as a separate way?

Somewhat commonly.  Oklahoma and Texas have a strong tendency to set down
at least three sets of rumble strips on approach to a traffic light, stop,
give_way or the side way of a T intersection when the speed limit is 55 or
faster.  Oklahoma Turnpike Authority also uses rumble strips to warn of the
toll plaza on the state's only undivided turnpike.

> I agree about the signs though. Relations add complexity, but I don't
> see how else to handle that kind of directional signs...

This is a problem that can be solved via editors.  id and JOSM both have
excellent editors for turn restrictions that could likely be readily
extended to handle enforcement, traffic calming, stop, yield and
nonstandard traffic signal cases (and clean up traffic signal situations on
SPUI interchanges, dual carriageways and other "messy" traffic light
situations that get mapped as multiple ways intersecting but are handled by
a single assembly of traffic lights or an interlocking pair of traffic
lights as functionally a single intersection).