Hello Thomas,

Monday, June 14, 2010, 6:12:18 AM, you wrote:

> So the version the user has when the subscription expires will
> continue to work and he will just not be able to upgrade? Or will his
> current version stop working?

The  user  will  be  unable  to  upgrade, but the current version will
continue working.

> Also kindly advise about tech support the user will receive - TBUDL is
> free for all at the moment. I don't think you mean you will forcibly
> unsubscribe non-payers.

This will mostly apply to
https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/ticket_list.php
, not to TBBETA.

> I am sure you would have told us how long the subscription period is,
> had you made the decision yet. Please let us know what period you are
> thinking about.

We have not yet make the decision.

> Seeing how many years are between major versions, and
> full IMAP support having been promised for v2 (that was sometime in
> the last century), I think you will lose most of your customers unless
> you fix the old bugs and deliver on your promises before the first
> period expires.

You have addressed the important issue. That's why we plan to allow
the users who have purchased The Bat! key for version 4 since February
7,  2008  (or  later)  to get updates of version 5 during about a year
without payment.

 Maxim                            mailto:m...@ritlabs.com