Hello Alex,

Sunday, February 20, 2022, 8:41:57 AM, you wrote:

>>> 3. Generally, I do not like it at all to have a forced open channel to a
>>> The Bat server that cannot be deactivated. It should be for 'future plans',
>>> that are not explained further.

>> And I totally agree with this. This is a no-no. Furthermore, I read that he
>> have to use the "correct" email address, so Ritlabs is now telling us which
>> email address to use. I bought two licences, one for work (only release
>> verions) and one for home (also for betas), but I use about 10 email
>> addresses at home.
> First of all, there's no "open connection". After you log in for a first
> time, link your license, if there wasn't one on your account already, the
> only request we're sending is
> https://api.beta.thebat.net/api/beta-access/check, which is only being sent
> one time after each program startup.

So, this check is only for beta testers? OK, I can understand that you want to
accept only registered beta testers.

How about the other 5 checks?

> Second, I don't really understand, what "correct" email addresses you're
> talking about.

Several people here reported that they cannot log in and they were told that
they tried with the "wrong email address". I don't know what that means, you
tell me.

>>> I consider that too risky. So I prefer to wait until I read here more
>>> trustful clarification.
>> Looking for the explanation what the 6x HTTP queries to the Ritlabs server
>> is all about, too. Only for beta testers, or for everyone who wants to run
>> TB!?
> It will be optional in release version, so you'll be able to choose, validate
> your copy through program key, like it was before, or through The Bat!
> Network account.

Every time you start TheBat! is has to be verified? When using the release
version?

--
Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! Version 9.5.1 (64-bit)
under Windows 10.0 Build 19043

'Using TBBETA' information: