Hello Thomas,

Sunday, February 20, 2022, 3:06:04 AM, you wrote:

>> 3. Generally, I do not like it at all to have a forced open channel to a The
>> Bat server that cannot be deactivated. It should be for 'future plans', that
>> are not explained further.

> And I totally agree with this. This is a no-no. Furthermore, I read that he
> have to use the "correct" email address, so Ritlabs is now telling us which
> email address to use. I bought two licences, one for work (only release
> verions) and one for home (also for betas), but I use about 10 email
> addresses at home.
First of all, there's no "open connection". After you log in for a first time,
link your license, if there wasn't one on your account already, the only
request we're sending is https://api.beta.thebat.net/api/beta-access/check,
which is only being sent one time after each program startup. Second, I don't
really understand, what "correct" email addresses you're talking about.

>> I consider that too risky. So I prefer to wait until I read here more
>> trustful clarification.
> Looking for the explanation what the 6x HTTP queries to the Ritlabs server is
> all about, too. Only for beta testers, or for everyone who wants to run TB!?
It will be optional in release version, so you'll be able to choose, validate
your copy through program key, like it was before, or through The Bat! Network
account.

--
With respect,
    Alexander Tanurkov,