On 6/24/05, Alto Speckhardt wrote:
> Why all the trouble? One-Enter is "end-paragraph-and-goto-next-line",
> two-Enter is "end-paragraph-and-insert-new-empty-line". The way it's
> done since WordStar. Why fumble around with two different key
> combinations that just confuse everything all over again?

Not exactly, Alto. Currently, a hard enter in the MicroEd does not end
the paragraph and start a new paragraph. It takes two hard enters to
achieve that.

So let me give one example of something I would hope to get from a
Shift-Enter. Let's say that you want to enter something on the
immediate next line - for example, you have given a quotation and now
you are giving the source of that quote. And let's say that you want
to format that immediate next line - the source of the quote - in a
different way, say right-justified instead of left-justified. With a
Shift-Enter to get to that next line - an enforced new paragraph -
then should you need to reformat the preceding material (for example,
with an Alt-L), it would not affect the format of the material on the
next line (that you had formatted with an Alt-R).

Okay, I know that this is not the way that MS Word works. And maybe
this is not what others are looking for. But this would help me a lot
when I do things like:
The devil made me do it.
                          Flip Wilson

--
Avi Yashar
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro (No OTFE) 3.5.30