Hello Ian!

On Tuesday, December 13, 2005, 11:39 PM, you wrote:

> At the moment when you prepare a new message, the template is either
> based on the folder or address etc. Once that message has been saved,
> further editing does not see those template features change. To have
> the template features change because it has been moved to a particular
> folder or to remember from where it came to work out what the template
> features should be is going to involve a lot more than simply
> providing a new folder.

But, Ian! This is precisely one of my complaints about the current
behavior of the Outbox:

It *does* automatically change my AB template feature under which the
message has been composed. It does this now, and AFAIK has done it
through many previous versions.

I am talking about the macro "%NOUSEPGP" .

In my Account Properties I have the box "Sign when completed" checked
under Message-Editor settings.

When I reopen a message in the Outbox for editing--or just to re-read
it before sending, the Privacy menu changes this to "Sign when
completed."

If I have already cached my Open PGP password for a few hours--as is
my habit, for the convenience--the message will go out signed with no
further notification to me. However, I have now formed the habit of
checking the Privacy drop-down menu before sending anything, these
days.

If, in Account Properties, I had the box "Sign when completed" *not*
checked, then a message I intended to sign, using a Macro in an AB
template, would *not* be signed--contrary to my intention.

Outbox should not over-ride my address book templates. In no other
folder is the address book template over-ridden by the
Account/Properties/Options/Message-Editor settings.

Mary
The Bat 3.63.08 (Beta) on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2