Hello all,

It's not a real problem, that's why I say it's tiny, but it' bothering
me not being able to understand what's happening.

I've always had Adobe Reader 6.0 and Adobe Acrobat 4.0 installed in my
system and PDF files where always opened from everywhere  with Acrobat.
I believe this was because Acrobat had been installed after Reader and
it had taken file associations.

A few days ago I replaced Adobe Reader 6.0 with 7.0. I first uninstalled
6.0 and then installed 7.0 and, since then, PDF files are opened from
everywhere (i.e. Explorer) with Adobe Reader 7.0, even when I use
Acrobat Distiller and, after printing, the printed document is
displayed. All fine up to here, I prefer to view PDFs with Reader 7.0
than with Acrobat 4.0 which is quite an old version.

The 'tiny' problem shows up when I open a PDF attachment in TB, they
always open with Acrobat 4.0. No real problem, I can view PDFs, but I
just don't understand why this is happening.

Does TB keep its own file type associations somewhere? I've searched the
Registry and tbuser.def and couldn't find anything.

Does anybody have any hint? As I have said, it's not a real problem but
I'd like to understand what happening and, if possible, be able to view
PDF attachments with Adobe Reader 7.0.

TIA.

Please support the wish for a 'Draft' folder at:
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5441

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.63.09 (Beta) on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2