Hello Greg!

On Thursday, May 18, 2006, 10:22 PM, you wrote:

G>>> Well I have this problem with the new release. When I try to resize
G>>> folder properties it doesn't help. I still can't see the number of days.

PO>> Are you using large fonts / larger than the default?

> Yes.

PO>> If so, you may want to join the BT issues submitted by Mary.

> I've added a note to https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5817.  I
> believe this is the correct BT. Otherwise please correct me.  Thanks!

Thanks, Greg. I've seen your note, and I've just completed some
testing. "Large fonts" in Windows/Desktop/Properties/Appearance does
not seem to affect the problem--when set to "Normal fonts" there, the
difficulty remains.

The dpi setting in Windows/Properties/Settings/Advanced does affect
the non-appearing boxes. Usually I have this set to Large (120 dpi).

1) I changed it to Normal (96 dpi). You have to restart the computer
for this to take effect, incidentally.

2) After doing this, and checking in Folder Properties the boxes for
"Maximum number of stored messages" and "Keep messages in the base for
(days)," I still could not see the boxes to set the values.

3) So, I dragged the dialogue box out to its maximum width. At the far
right, the boxes with scrollable menus to set the number values
appeared, just as one can see them in TB!/Account/Properties/Options.

I conclude from doing all this testing that the problem is two things:

1) TB! is interacting improperly with the Windows dpi setting for
values above 96 dpi.

2) The scrollable boxes in TB!/Folder properties/General are designed
to appear too far to the right of the dialogue window.

I'm adding a note about my test results to
 https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5817.

Mary
The Bat 3.80.06 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2