Hello, fellow Bat-lovers.

On Friday, October 15, 1999, 2:49:25 AM, Syafril wrote:

[snip]

> I  found now, we can't use any Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc character
> set  that  came  from  IE  (especially for sending) as far as The Bat!
> can't  create  HTML  messages.  For view, no problem, due The Bat! can
> view HTML.

Fortunately, I don't think this is quite accurate. I think the problem
is with the Microsoft IME itself and not the character sets or the
fonts. This is, though, the reason that I don't want to have to use
Outlook/Express to send CJK messages.

OTOH, using Korean Partner, I can create messages and send them with
Agent, using Microsoft fonts and character sets, and Agent does no
HTML.

If fact, Agent doesn't display HTML, either, and I can display Korean
messages in various Microsoft fonts, unlike TB, which displays it only
using a single font.

[snip good IME help]

> I  saw  one  of  my  customer  who  use OL98 or OE for sending Russian
> Character  at  English Windows, at first she change the language (from
> English) to Russian, then he can write and view Russian Character set.

> For Japanese, I saw that he can view and send Japanese Character if he
> use Japanese Windows version.

Yes, as I mentioned in another message, with a native-language version
of Windows, you don't need to use 3rd-party software like I do.

SH>>> What's character set you prefer ?

TF>> A  changeable  one.  Actually,  TB  ignores  the  XLAT  tables and
TF>> "encoding" option when it comes to double-byte langauges.

> XLAT  tables  could  be  the  other  alternative  for  composing Asian
> Character Set.

Yes, I wonder if this might be necessary, and what it would take to
create one.

I KR>>>>   noticed you are running Chinese Windows. Do you have
similar KR>>>>   problems?

BTW, auto-format REALLY screws up the quoting if you forget to put in
the extra CR before starting typing, doesn't it?

SH>>> Thomas,
SH>>> How about you after using 1.36Beta/12 ?

TF>> Now using the released version; no change.

> How if you change "the language" to chinese before composing ?

???

 Keith Russell
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]