Saturday, November 20, 1999

Hello Kevin,

Friday, Friday, November 19, 1999, you wrote:

>>     Beginners shouldn't really be making suggestions.  Furthermore
>> everyone is a beginner exactly once.  I don't like things that are
>> geared for beginners at the exclusion of those who aren't because of
>> that.

Kevin> I was waiting for this.  So now you get your way around here only due
Kevin> to seniority.  Cute.

Kevin> You know, most people get over the "I know more than everybody else"
Kevin> stage sometime in their teens.
Well, having worked with computers for something like 35 years I am still
learning, its part of the fun... And I also do stupid things!
I had a beautiful one yesterday but as it got solved in the end I
will make up for it treating the guy who did in the end tell me what I
had totally forgotten to a few beers on monday...
But if one sees the same stupid problems over and over again in
support admittedly one tends to get into a habit  whats best to get rid of
them (unless one hits the odd case which proofs to be a total screwup
and one has to think)

Personally I think that cursor is in the correct place, its the
logical place.

However as this is a mailing list and it isnt ones job to fix
everybodies problems its very easy as one can just ignore the
questions one doesnt like.
Whatever, can we park this horse with the other dead ones in the farm???

>>     Yes, they did.  Normally, though, such ideas aren't ones that are rehashed
>> and argued over every time a new person comes into the forum.  For example...

Kevin> You've been on enough mailing lists to know what to expect.

>>     These things, among others, are what makes it hard for the experienced
>> users to stay on this, and other, lists.  They are topics that keep coming up
>> ever 3-6 weeks with the new people.

Kevin> So I just hope it gets harder.

Kevin> Time for a Steve Lamb kill filter.

Kevin> Bye,

Kevin> Kevin

Best regards,

tracer