Hi, everyone,

I want to send an invitation to a group. I created a group of contacts
("Invitation to Friends and Relatives"). However, I want each
recipient to see only their own name and e-mail address in the "to"
field. If I put the group name in the "to" field, such as "Invitation
to Friends and Relatives <list>" the every display name and e-mail
address appears in the "to" field of a recipient's e-mail. On the
other hand, if I place either individual e-mail addresses OR the group
name in the BCC field, NO address appears in the header. That is, the
"to" field is blank.

(1) Is there a way to send an e-mail to a group such that ONLY the
recipient's e-mail address appears in the "to" field?

Related to this question is how the recipient's address actually
appears.  Let's say John Doe is married to Jane and has an e-mail
address, john...@gmail.com.  When I send an invitation to John and
Jane, I just don't want the "to" field to show the e-mail address, or
even John's first name. Rather, I would want the "to" field to show
something like:

John and Jane Doe <john...@gmail.com>

 I thought I could set up each contact's nickname to reflect how I
would want the names to appear in the "to" field, but it appears that
only the display name is grabbed for this purpose.  Can I change it
so that the nickname is grabbed?  Right now, in order to get the
names to appear the way I want them is to place in the first name
field for the contact, the following: "John and Jane"   Is this correct, is this
what I have to do in order to yield an address that appears:

John and Jane Doe <john...@gmail.com>

(3) Finally, I want to personalize each e-mail by placing into the the
e-mail's salutation whatever I have placed in a contact's Nickname.
Sometimes it will be "Dear John and Jane" but other times the
salutation will be "Dear, John, Jane, and Charlie" where "Charlie" is
John and Jane's minor child, who lives with them. So, I
created a quick template with the following content (following
the guidelines of the Mass Mailing Tutorial),

Dear %ABtoNICKNAME

However, when I send an e-mail to a test group using this salutation,
only "Dear" appears in the recipient's e-mail salutation and not,
"Dear John, Jane, and Charlie"  What am I
doing wrong?

//Avi