Hello Marck,

Sunday, July 8, 2012, 4:50:17 PM, you wrote:

A>> (1) Is there a way to send an e-mail to a group such that ONLY the
A>> recipient's e-mail address appears in the "to" field?

MP> This is the exact purpose for which the Mass Mailing feature was
MP> designed. It will mean generating individual emails for each
MP> recipient, but that seems to be the requirement anyway.

MP> You can use
MP> %TO='"%ABtoHANDLE" <%TOADDR>'
MP> to set the addressing of the email as you wish.

I am still confused.  This may be elementary, but I need some step by
step "hand-holding."

If I create a mail message that I want to go to all 100 contacts in a
group, what do I do to easily accomplish that? The only way I know to
get a mail message to automatically go to everyone in the group is to
open up the address book, highlight the group and then click on "new
message." The group handle will appear in the "to" field followed by
"<list>"

If I send the e-mail that way, every address will appear in the "to"
field in the recipient's e-mail.  If I cut and paste that information
into the BCC field, then the recipient won't see anything in the "to"
field.

I tried to place   "%ABtoHANDLE" <%TOADDR>  in the "to" field, but that
yielded an error message:

"Message has not been sent. Server reply - 5.1.2 or other punctuation
after the recipient's email address. qo3sm17010535igc.8"

MP> ... <snip>

A>> (3) Finally, I want to personalize each e-mail by placing into the
A>> e-mail's salutation whatever I have placed in a contact's
A>> Nickname."Dear John, Jane, and Charlie" What am I doing wrong?

MP> This specific field is accessed as %ABtoHANDLE.

This didn't work either.  I wrote in the body of the e-mail (without
the quotation marks) the following:

"Dear %ABtoHANDLE,"

However, my test e-mails were received with the above text, as if
"%ABto HANDLE" was a name like any other rather than a signal to
insert the text of what actually was in the handle for each contact,
such as "John, Jane and Charlie"

What am I doing wrong?

--
Avi

Avram Sacks
Using The Bat ver. 4.0.18 on WinXP Pro sp3 and Win7 Home