Hi

On Monday 16 June 2014 at 3:44:06 PM, in
<mid:468134244.20140616214...@thebat.net>, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

>> You  don't  get this problem with plain text. Every
>> plain text message is always legible.

> No, it isn't. Even MFPA admits that tables are not
> legible in plaintext.

I actually said that when the sender has placed a formatted table in
the message body, the recipient sometimes sees an unformatted mess of
table entries one per line in their plaintext viewer. That is an HTML
email not being legible in plaintext; a table created in a plaintext
email would not be "formatted."

>> HTML  in  email  raises  immediate  "this is spam"
>> suspicions for many people.

> Who is "many people"? The Nigerian spams I receive are
> all in plaintext.

My local bus company for one. Until quite recently they bounced HTML
emails with a message about unsuitable or suspicious content. But the
same text in a plaintext email would get through and be answered.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net

Act normal and the crowd will accept you.
Act deranged and they will make you their leader.

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3