I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but my feeble reading
man tcpdump indicates that this command should show traffic on a
specific host:
         tcpdump host 192.168.0.7
And in fact if I start a ping of the host from local machine
192.168.0.5 I do see the traffic.  But if I slide over to the console
of 192.168.0.7 and run a browser, I see only this one line:
20:30:16.497123 arp who-has fw.local.lan tell satwin.local.lan

(satwin.local.lan is 192.168.0.7)

Although the broser is connecting to sites online I don't see the
traffic.

The manpage says point blank that I should:
EXAMPLES
       To print all packets arriving at or  departing  from  sun­
       down:
              tcpdump host sundown

So whats happening here?

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe