This is beginning to seem strange to me. OpenBSD has always had an "off by
default" philosophy, a quality I have relied on since before 1998.

It takes little effort to enable aucat. Yes, it also takes little effort to
disable it, however, unless (almost) everyone needs it, the approach has been
to favor a cleaner, minimalist install. Let the population subset who want it
make a deliberate decision to turn it on. Do not place the burden on everyone
to decide if they need to turn it off.

There are surely thousands on the list who have been silent because so many of
us assume this is a non-issue. But I can only speak for myself. I would be
disappointed if we turned it on, or if we included an additional burdensome
install question.

Sometimes disappointment happens, you cannot make everyone happy every time.
So enough from me, but I have very (very, very) seldom ever been disappointed
with anything in OpenBSD :)

Warm Regards,
-Mike