> > Really!  Which of our platforms have no audio support at all?  Can you list
> > them?
>
> That part was for effect, I was really hoping none existed. :-)

I'm afraid your hopes are about to get shattered. There is no audio
capabilities on the following platforms:

hp300 - until ISA interrupts become reliable in isabr(4)
luna88k - until pc98 slot support is written
mac68k - except maybe on the AV models someday, but of course there is
         no code for this
mvme68k, mvme88k - i'm not aware of VME audio boards (except for
    Dialogic audio conferencing boards, but these can't be used to
    output audio signal to a regular speaker or headphone jack)