Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 16:48:10 -0400
From: lice...@openssl.org
To: dera...@cvs.openbsd.org
Subject: OpenSSL License change

Hello!

This mail is coming from the OpenSSL development team.

This is a pre-release email before we "go public."  In particular,
the most recent blog entry, listed below, is not yet available.  But we
thought, as an important downstream fork, that we'd give you the courtesy
of participating early.

We are working to change the license for OpenSSL. We want to move from
the current license (which is custom-written and has some uncommon
requirements on end-users), to the widely-accepted and common
Apache License (version 2).  You can find some explanation in
our blog entries:

    https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2017/03/20/license/
    https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2015/08/01/cla/

We wrote some tools to look through every version of our files, and
our scripts found your email address.  You can see what we found:

    https://license.openssl.org/cgi-bin/lookup.py?uid=619

We are asking for your permission to change the licence for your
contribution. Please visit this link to respond; you will have a chance
to accept or decline, and enter a brief comment (you can use the comment
to give the names of other people we should contact, for example):

    https://license.openssl.org/cgi-bin/reply.py?uid=619&p=pCUKaKssFLWJztCE8FHe

If you have any questions or concerns, send email to lice...@openssl.org;
please be patient for a response. You can also post to the public mailing
list, openssl-...@openssl.org; details about that list can be found at this
site: