Hi,
Here are some interesting discoveries I’ve made with regard to the operation of
the Samsung Galaxy S10.
Some of these are probably old favourites to  other users out there and if
that’s the case both bare with me and feel free to comment on anything I may
have missed.
I have found it necessary with previous phones to change the default Launcher.
Until recently Google would have been my choice of preference however it seems
that Google is no longer developing their Launcher so I switched to Nova until
the S10 came along.
It seems that Samsung have been doing some serious thinking with regard to
their default Launcher to the point that the Samsung Launcher is now incredibly
easy to use it seems.
From the home screen swipe up to get to the Apps screen, what could be easier
than that.
I haven’t yet worked out how one would move items on the Home Screen from place
to place or even if one can remove or uninstall Apps from the Home or App
pages. Apps aren’t so much of a problem to uninstall as that task can be
accomplished through the Google Play Store App.
Another list member mentioned that the user can reorder the navigation buttons
at the bottom of the screen.
By default the “Recents” button is to the left of the “Home” and the “Back”
button is to the right. Added to this is the ability to change the behaviour of
these buttons.
Normally one has to double-tap but this can be changed to a single tap, you
slide to hold the button and then release your finger or if you know exactly
where the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen are then just place
your finger on the button and lift.
It would appear that some new gestures have been added to Samsung’s Voice
Assistant. Double tapping on the screen 3 times reads out a status message and
what you hear can be controlled from the settings of Voice Assistant under
Screen Reader under Vision in the Accessibility settings.
The user might only prefer a short status message consisting of time and
battery remaining percentage whilst others might prefer more status content
such as wi-fi signal and so on.
Voice Assistant users would be familiar with the 3-finger swipe from left to
right to move between such adjustments as dark cursor, voice rate, voice volume
and so on. What is shown for adjustments can now be set through Voice Assistant
settings.
I have no need for voice Rate and Pitch as I use the Acapella Voices where Rate
and Pitch are adjusted through the Acapella Voice Manager so I’ve removed those
from my adjustment choices.

------------------------------

This post, like all posts to the Techno Chat E-Mail group has been scanned by
our server-side antivirus/malware solution. This should not, however, be viewed
as a substitution for your own security strategy. We assume no culpability
whatever, implicit or otherwise, for any compromise to your systems as a result
of opening any post to this group. Suffice it to say that we remain vigilant
within the boundaries of reason. We strongly urge you to do likewise! You have
been warned!!!

You can find an RSS listing of all posts to this group at:
<https://mail.mac-access.net:7025/list/techno-chat@techno-chat.net>
or at:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=all&q=techno-chat@techno-chat.net>

To encourage your friends to join this group, first accept our thanks for
spreading the word. Then, have them send a message to the list processing
engine at:
<techno-chat-j...@techno-chat.net>
To toggle on/off Digest (batch) mode for this group, please send a blank
message to:
<techno-chat-dig...@techno-chat.net>
To leave the group, please send a blank message to:
<techno-chat-le...@techno-chat.net>.

To contact the support address for this group, please write to:
supp...@techno-chat.net>