>From MusiXTeX manual version version 1.15, April 2011, p20:

"2.4.3 Shifted non-spacing note heads

These symbols are used mainly in chords containing an interval of a second.
They provide note
heads shifted either to the left or right of the default position by the
width of one note head.

\rw{p} : whole note head shifted right.
\lw{p} : whole note head shifted left.
\rh{p} : half note head shifted right8.
\lh{p} : half note head shifted left.
\rq{p} : quarter note head shifted right.
\lq{p} : quarter note head shifted left."

--Don Simons