Rodolfo Medina wrote
> Thanks.  But, as I wrote, I want to put that shifted-non spacing note
within a
> beam.  In particular, I want to start a beam with a left-shifted note.
With
> non-shifted notes I would do \qb0k, \qb1k, \qb2k,...
>
> Here's my example:
>
> \input musixtex
> \instrumentnumber{1}
> \generalsignature{0}
> \generalmeter{\meterfrac44}
> \startpiece
> \notes
> \ibu1k1\zqb1k\zqb0j%
> \en
> \notes
> \nbbu1\qb1l\tbu1\qb1m%
> \en
> \Endpiece
>
> \vfill\eject\end
>

> I want the note `k', starting the beam, to be non-spacing and shifted
left.
> Don't know how.

This still is not 100% clear, especially because in your example you put a
note in beam 0 but never started or ended beam 0.

Nevertheless, one way to left-shift the beam start and first note in your
example is simply \loff{\ibu1k1\zqb1k}\zqb0j%

Another whole approach, which you should really seriously consider, is to
let PMX do the dirty work. An example closely related to yours would be
entered as

==========================
1 1 1 4 1 4 0 0
1 1 20 0

.\
c85 c //
X-1S d85 e1 f /
==========================

which produces the  TeX

\pnotes{2.00}\ibl1{'c}0\qb1c\nextvoice\off{-6.0pt}\ibu2{'e}0\qb2d%
\off{6.0pt}\en%
\pnotes{1.41}\tbl1\qb1{'c}\nextvoice\nbbu2\qb2{'e}\tbu2\qb2f\en%

This has the upper beam start and its first note left-shifted, just as you
have asked for. The way PMX puts two voices on one staff, there is no need
to use any nonspacing notes. If you have some agenda that absolutely
requires nonspacing notes, please spell it out.

--Don Simons