Andre, thanks so much for the testing. I cannot reproduce your
problem...when I compile your source with pmx270, then TeX it with musixtex
1.21 and with my latest pmx.tex (which has gone back to 3 arguments for
\mbrest), it comes out fine, as it does with PMX272, my latest version of
pmxab. I'm very pleased about the latter, because I've recently spent many
hours working out big and small issues with multi-bar rests and more
recently, with centered full-bar rests. I'll be sending Bob my latest
version tomorrow, and it should be available from the archive very soon
thereafter.

Because of the recent changes in musixtex.tex, pmxab.exe, and pmx.tex, it's
going to become more important than ever to be sure that you have versions
of all of them that are compatible with one another. The new version of PMX
will be 2.72 and it must be used with MusiXTeX 1.21  2015-12-27 or later.

Most of my recent work has been on getting horizontal spacing right with
multibar and centered full bar rests. A somewhat unfortunate downside is
that if you made a score with an earlier PMX and made either manual PMX or
inline TeX adjustments to compensate for PMX's earlier inaccuracies, that
score may not come out well-spaced with 2.72, unless you remove the manual
adjustments. I found that to be exactly the case with one of my most complex
scores.

--Don Simons