>> pmxab has up to now steered clear of commandline parameters.
>> But as the need for manual adjustments grows less and less, a parameter
>> that says "ignore manual adjustments" or "ignore words starting with X"
> may
>> be useful.
>
> PMX's existing X command could be used in many situations that will never be
> handled automatically either by PMX or MusiXTeX. Same comment applies to
> inline TeX adjustments, and furthermore PMX as a rule will never try to
> interpret inline TeX. If you're suggesting putting in some new PMX syntax
> that explicitly identifies a command as an "adjustment", then that would
> require re-editing old score files anyhow, which seems to me would defeat
> the purpose.
>
> Dirk, could you clarify?

The purpose of a commandline parameter is to enable non-default
behaviour that may in some situations be more convenient.

I.e.

   pmxab myfile

would do what it always did, but for example

   pmxab -X myfile

would simply ignore PMX commands starting with X.

Mamy of the A commands are candidates for commandline
parameters. Putting them on the command line is an easy way
to experiment without changing the source.