Sorry for the "50 mm" height.

May I ask: What is an RTFM J?

Regards Dieter

Am 05.08.2016 um 17:59 schrieb Don Simons:

That’s an easy one, basically an RTFM J

%[+4 c84 ze zgf zb zc {0 c84 ] {1 ze {2 zg {3 zb {4 zc c2d4 }0 ze }1 zg }2 zb }3 zc }4 | /

[+4 c84 ze zgf zb zc {0 c84 ] {1 ze {2 zg {3 zb {4 zc c24d-2 }0 zed-2 }1 zgd-2 }2 zbd-2 }3 zc }4 | /

There are some wrinkles, though. To move a dot, there must be an explicit “d” (even on a chord note), and the vertical shift must be the next number after the “d”. So that may conflict with your default way of explicitly indicating the octave.

The default position of dots within a staff is always in a space. If the note is on a line, the default is to move the dot up. That’s why all dots except the one on the c5 were moved, and also why the downward shift has to be closer to 2 than 1.

Why in the world did you set the page height to 50 mm? That caused my first page to be blank when I viewed this with Ghostview.

--Don Simons

*From:*TeX-Music [mailto:tex-music-boun...@tug.org] *On Behalf Of *Dieter
*Sent:* Friday, August 05, 2016 8:01 AM
*To:* tex-music@tug.org
*Subject:* [Tex-music] Shifting dots

Hi all,

in the last chord of the PMX example below the dots are not well positioned.

I would like to shift the dots for c4,e4,g4-flat and b4 a little bit downwords.

I tried the recommendations of Cornelius Noack, but they do not seem to work.

I also wonder why the dot for c5 is on the same level of the note whereas all the others are higher.

Any body got an idea?

Thanks and regards,
Dieter