>     1    1    4 4 4 4  0 0
>     1 1  16  .0

> ./
> r8+0.f r.g g.f r+0.g

Congratulations. You are the first person ever to use rest adjustments
in either PMX or M-Tx together with the dot shortcut.

- The comma shortcut does not have the same problem. (Also change
meter to 3/4 if you want to try that.)

- M-Tx should have no problem with the same input because the dot
shortcut is not passed as-is to PMX, it is preprocessed to make two
notes. However, it does have a problem, since the following PMX line is
produced

   r8+0d r8d g84d f1 r8+0d

That goes onto my TODO list.

Curious. If I experiment around with the stuff after the 'r', I get a different
error, and this one is more informative.

At line 22819 of file pmx274.for Fortran runtime error: Bad value
during floating point read

Thus PMX is using a routine that expects floating-point numbers whereas
according to pmx260.ref it should be expecting only integers. That will
cause the dot to be swallowed.