I agree the taxation params and skills belong elsewhere.

This next thought has to do with reducing fields rather than adding. I have
been entering employees as contacts under the main company and linking to
contract address. If the employee is a user too, this results in three fields
with the same info?

Employee: John Doe
Tiny ERP User: John Doe
Contact Address: Doe John

Perhaps I don't understand quite what the thinking was, but the first use seems
entirely redundant and the second one would usefully show the user name vs.
real name with contact address being the master source of the real name and the
only one showing it.

With respect to HR generally, I think I'm going to have the most difficulty
with time encodings. That whole area assumes an office environment with
computer users whereas all my targets have crews in the field who never touch a
computer. Time will come from batch-entry and import.

This whole area is a very big deal to me as my first target for openerp has
over 60 employees in the field and I need to track all their hours per job code
(masterformat from the construction industry) and per project. The latter for
cost accounting and the former as analytic for future bids.

Regards, Paul Evans

http://www.openerp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23566#23566