the ID numbers should be a table - not fixed fields, to allow easy
nationalization even though a SSN is likely to be around everywhere.
martial status is a typical time relational filed (nowadays).
Yes and no ? We can use translation files to rename SSN or anything to
another ID name ?

and I strongly support the idea to have only ONE object for persons which
eventually has to be merged with contacts
this would finally allow to have the same person as contact for different
partners.
just think of all the holding companies around - a lot of persons hold
different functions in different companies.

Just for information, this is implemented through the base_contact module. But we don't use this module in hr to not force to install
base_contact just for the HR module.

--
Fabien