On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:16:03 -0800, Traci Giuliano wrote:
>I'm always on the lookout for recent (or even not-so-recent trade books that I
>>may have missed) for a project in which students read trade books written by
>>social psychologists (or sometimes non social psychologists on social
>>psychological topics) and develop useful applications based on the book for a
>>class project.
>If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

How about:

Phil Zimbardo: The Lucifer Effect (the Stanford Prison Experiment
and Beyond)

Charles Skoller: Twisted Confessions (Skoller was the NYC ADA
who investigated the Kitty Genovese murder and prosecuted
Winston Mosley who killed Kitty and other women; it's useful
to compare Skoller's account with other accounts as Harold
Takooshian did in his review of this book in PscyCritiques)

Gerd Gigerenze: Gut Feelings (Gerd's attempt to cash in on the
"Blink" popularity which relied in part on his research which he
goes into more detail in this book)

Gary Belsky & Tom Gilovich:  Why Smart People Make Big
Money Mistakes and How To Correct Them (part behavioral
economics, part decision-making and heuristics, part self-help)

All of the above are available on Amazon.

-Mike Palij
New York University
m...@nyu.edu