Hi

I think this reflects badly on the editors (or perhaps there was some
pre-editor screening process?), or at least on the journal unless the
errors were really egregious ... no method or results section, results
preceding method, absence of critical statistics (which I would not call
a style issue), ...   What purely "style" issue actually interferes with
comprehension (and evaluation) of a manuscript?  Wouldn't "style"
matters be better dealt with by one line in the evaluation (accepted
subject to final version that adheres to apa style, ...).

Take care
Jim

James M. Clark
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

>>> Stuart McKelvie <smcke...@ubishops.ca> 24-Aug-09 2:30:00 PM >>>
Dear Jim and Tipsters,

Perception & Psychophysics returned a paper to me unread because it did
not follow APA format.

Sincerely,

Stuart

                                   "Floreat Labore"

                      "Recti cultus pectora roborant"

Stuart J. McKelvie, Ph.D.,     Phone: 819 822 9600 x 2402
Department of Psychology,         Fax: 819 822 9661
Bishop's University,
2600 rue College,
Sherbrooke,
QuĊĦbec J1M 1Z7,
Canada.

E-mail: stuart.mckel...@ubishops.ca (or smcke...@ubishops.ca)

Bishop's University Psychology Department Web Page:
http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy

                                   Floreat Labore"