I can't find the original posting on this thread, so I apologize to Jim
Clark for the personal reply. To all others:

Without getting in to the debate that has sprung up, I would like to suggest
that there are two colleges in California (of course) that the student might
investigate giving him/her the opportunity to rely on personal evaluation
rather than profession recommendation. John F. Kennedy University on the
East Bay area of San Francisco and Saybrook Insitute in San Franisco both
have programs that would probably accomodate the student's needs. I will not
be drawn into the controversy so I will not comment on the quality of these
places, assuming they still exist. My own personal approach to such
questions (including requests for letters of recommendation to naturopathy
programs and schools of chiropractic is to mention that many are skeptical
of the worth of such programs, but I go ahead and write the letters or
provide information that I may have.